ICON seeks a dynamic community development program director with experience in community engagements, outreaches, data collection, WASH, volunteer management skills, and advocacy. The Program Director is an inspirational, energetic, seasoned, organized, and flexible leader with a deep commitment to ICON’s vision and mission, combined with empathy for its clients and staff, dedication to high-quality service delivery, and a strong track record of getting exceptional results. The Program Manager will play an essential role in ensuring ICON’s new programmatic framework in Southern Nigeria.
Program Development and Implementation
- Design and implement strategies, opportunities, and direction for ICON programming.
- Oversees collaborative program design and implementation of grant and contract-funded initiatives to advance ICON’s programmatic goals in education equity and WASH, economic and community development, and advocacy.
- Collaborates deeply across ICON’s teams to ensure that program design harnesses and deploys established core strengths and expected outcomes.
- Identifies and escalates project delivery risks by conducting regular project reviews.
- Works closely with the MEAL team to design and implement performance targets and measurable outcomes for assigned projects.
- Works closely with ICON’s Research and Data analyst team to build data collection, analytical, and reporting strategies that measure progress toward program targets and continually inform ICON’s programming.
- Provide oversight and coordination of project activities and deliverables, liaises with internal and external stakeholders, and work independently, under general direction to meet deadlines and achieve project and division goals that are complex in nature.
- Review and provide comments on reports, work plans, work orders, budgets, and other documents to ensure accuracy, quality, and compliance with contract requirements, standards, rules, and regulations.
- Support field-based activities, including grants, procurements, inventory tracking, supporting the hiring and oversight of consultants, and managing subcontracts as applicable, including leading any contracts or procurements initiated from the head office.
Lead Community Regional Volunteers
- Provides strategic vision, overall leadership, and technical direction to community volunteers assigned to a project.
- Ensure consistency in the quality and implementation of program activities and priorities across ICON programs.
- Recruit, onboard, train, supervise, and graduate community volunteers and oversee collaboration across volunteering teams.
- Resolves conflict effectively while encouraging a healthy volunteer network environment.
- Serve as convener for internal project-related meetings, leading agenda development, implementing project management and task-tracking systems, and setting clear objectives for all internal stakeholders overseeing work under the contract.
- Achieve a high level of understanding of ICON’s mission and programmatic functions to communicate effectively with project senior leaders and provide relevant advice.
- Contribute content and, in partnership with ICON’s Communications department, oversees the creation of outreach materials for ICON target audiences.
- Oversees the development and implementation of outreach and training strategies and activities targeting corporate and community partners interested in learning more about ICON programming.
- Identifies prospective partners and serves as external outreach lead, leveraging opportunities to expand ICON’s work, and identifying engagement and collaboration opportunities in ICON’s thematic areas (Education, Economic Development, and Advocacy
- Monitors project implementation to anticipate potential risks and opportunities.
- Oversees volunteers recruitment and performance of a new, growing team.
- With the Head of Programs and other ICON leadership team, develop program budgets and perform administration tasks related to the project, including budget management, grant and contract reporting, and team performance management for direct reports as well as collaborative supervision of staff contributing to the project from other ICON departments.
- Manages the project schedule, ensuring that deliverables are on time and aligned with the budgeted labor—recalibrating, as necessary.
- Participates in the framing of the vision and direction of current and future programming for the organization in keeping with the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Participates in the development of new programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be living in any of the Southern States of Nigeria.
- 2+ years of community development, advocacy, economic development, or WASH programming experience, with a preference for a candidate with working experience on internationally awarded projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with diverse stakeholders
- Strong time management skills and an ability to stay organized and give attention to details while managing diverse tasks, activities, and projects
- Invested time – personally or professionally in the political process, including engaging in the research necessary to construct an informed, well-rounded perspective.
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
- This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position.
- Salary is a monthly N100,00-N150,000 commensurate with experience
- Irregular evening and weekend work hours; flexibility with work schedule
- Primarily local and inter-state travel during business hours, although some regional and overnight travel may occur.
- Benefits are generous, including paid employee health and dental insurance (some employee contribution required); voluntary vision and retirement plans are also available.
- Paid time off includes vacation, sick, personal days, and holidays.