ICON seeks a Finance Officer to develop and oversee the financial management of ICON’s operation and improve and maintain the financial health of the organization The individual is responsible to formulate and ensure the execution of all related financial strategies and compliance-related filings in accordance with generally accepted nonprofit accounting principles and practices.
Duties and responsibilities
Finance and Accounting
- Preparation of monthly financial reports
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation reports
- Post-Implementing Agencies/donors financials report.
- Post, maintain and reconcile financials in QuickBooks.
- Prepare other periodic financial reports as may be requested
- In collaboration with the two departments, build advanced budgets for proposals as requested.
- Prepare cash advance liquidations for review and submission to the donor.
- Develop successful monthly internal audits.
- Consult and prepare external audits in collaboration with an external contractor yearly.
- Facilitate effective, efficient, and timely financial transaction recordings across projects.
- Ensure compliance with statutory deductions and remittances.
- Maintain financial and accounting system, reporting, and guidance/policies.
- Review all invoices and payments to ascertain compliance with ICON’s procedures including the availability of funds before approvals are done.
- Collaborate with program staff during proposal submission, and review grant applications to ensure compliance with guidelines, policies and financial goals of ICON.
- Provide financial forecasting to ensure program team coverage, accurate financial spend down, and future fundraising needs
- Advise on compliance with grant agreement and program objectives
- Prepare financial analysis, what if’s and other ad hoc requests
- Support project start-up’s and project ending including setting up project files, and setting up project budgets or other templates needed for project management
- Provide close-out analysis and other related financial & compliance documents required by the funder.
- Prepare financial reports & invoices for funders and as needed, interface with funders on financial matters.
- Support and advise Program teams on matters relating to issuing subawards
- Perform subaward (grant or contract) risk analysis, prepare monitoring and or capacity building plan and oversee plan throughout the subaward period of performance
- Ensure subgrant agreements comply with funder requirements, and subgrantees are properly trained on finance compliance
- Assist in the development of project work plans and deliverables.
- Prepare regular financial analysis and reporting as needed to facilitate project decisions
- Advise teams on long-range budget/planning issues and conduct financial analysis including forecasting and pipelines
- Develop and manage project budgets for country activities, as required
- Assist the audit process to include audit work-papers, and work with auditors to ensure a clean audit.
- Offer administrative general support as may be required.
- Work with the relevant departments to implement sponsorships/barter plans for different segments of organizational projects to improve revenues.
- Translate proposals and grants applications into cost-effective budgets.
- Work with the relevant departments to identify and develop business strategies to meet, and, or exceed business and marketing revenue goals as may be required.
- Work with relevant team to develop general business strategies to improve organization revenues.
- Organize meetings with potential partners, sponsors, and donors to commit to funding
and partnership requests.
- Manage ICON business/finance relationships
- Previous experience developing and managing budgets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to think creatively and strategically about how to improve organizational systems and practices is required
- 3-5 years prior experience working in similar roles at a national or international NGO, working with government grants and contracting rules and regulations, particularly USAID or other international awards.
- Previous experience with major funders to enable quick learning of funders’ requirements.
- High proficiency with excel data dumps, data manipulation, pivot tables, and Quickbook
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
- Salary is a monthly N150,000-N200,000 commensurate with experience.
- Irregular evening and weekend work hours; flexibility with work schedule.
- Primarily local and inter-state travel during business hours, although some regional and overnight travel may occur.
- Benefits are generous, including paid employee health and dental insurance (some employee contribution required); voluntary vision and retirement plans are also available.
- Paid time off includes vacation, sick, personal days, and holidays.